Saturday, October 06, 2007

My trip

Some people shouldn't drive while talking on a cell phone. Apparently I shouldn't walk while talking on a cell phone. Yesterday morning as I was making the long trek from the parking lot to the Divinity School I was talking to Sameer on the phone. I had just been telling him how tired I was when I started flying forward. I tried to stop and catch myself and figure out what has happening and why my legs were way behind. The next second I was face down a good few feet ahead of my last step. My phone flew out of my hand and broke into 3 pieces and both my shoes were off my feet way behind me. This was quite embarassing - and yet so funny I just had to share it. I really have no idea how it happened.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww this is so sad...but i have to admit- i am sure you got a good laugh out of it.
i hope that not too many people were around. how is your cell phone doing?

Whitney said...

Thanks Trace....the phone is fine - I guess it's resilient. Not too many people were around. I was embarrassed but not as much as I would have been if it happened a few years ago. I guess I'm officially old.

Heather Pelczar said...

Oh, Whitney!!I did the same thing the other day! (sans cell phone, I actually did it in perfect silence without distraction). I was carrying the baby in a sling so I had to land on hands and knees to avoid squashing her. Yay for slings- she never touched the ground, but there was a neighbor driving by in her van while I was sitting in the sidewalk trying ti figure out how to stand up.