Saturday, October 27, 2007

The Bible Bus

The first Sunday morning that we lived here I saw a yellow school bus pull up to the house across the street from us and pick up a few kids. A man in a suit went up to the door and knocked. Then the kids came out. My first thought was, wow, what personalized service and isn't 9:00 kind of late for a school bus? Then I remembered that it was Sunday and we were getting ready to go and visit a church. Then I read the words on the side of the bus and realized it was a church bus. That bus comes here every Sunday morning and picks up those kids. I love seeing that bus.

**Update: The family who gets picked up by the "Bible Bus" just rang our doorbell, introduced themselves and invited us over to dinner at their place. They said a bunch of people from their church were coming over. I see them now going around to all the houses on the street. (we have no window coverings yet so it's really easy for us to spy on everyone and I'm sure they're spying on us too...) It's nice to see this kind of neighborly outreach going on. I think we'll go over and get to know our neighbors tonight.**

2 comments:

Cat said...

yeah! give us an update. how did it go?

Whitney said...

It was fun to meet them - they're really nice (obviously...I mean, they invited everyone over, didn't they?). They're from Zimbabwe and most of the people from their church are too - maybe we'll check it out sometime. We didn't stay long because we were headed out but they were really sweet and said they'd have us over again.