Monday, December 17, 2007

Our beige house

For those of you back home we thought we'd finally put some pictures of our furnished home up here. What I've realized after putting all these pictures on the computer is that our home is very beige. I guess we are the kind of people who need to be more adventurous with color.

Up until Saturday (2 days ago) we lived in this house with no blinds or curtains. We put a navy blue sheet on our bedroom window the night we moved in and just left all the other windows uncovered. I had thought that covering the windows would be a priority - we planned to do it right after buying the appliances....but somehow it just never seemed that important. We loved the windows and they brought color into our place a little. I just ignored the fact that the neighbors could see straight into our home. I really didn't even think about it.

Well we finally broke down and got temporary blinds on Saturday. We had wanted to get blinds before we left for Christmas but we weren't ready to buy real ones yet. All this time we had been resisting buying temporary ones because we couldn't stand the idea of spending money on something disposable. Finally, we decided to use a Home Depot gift card we had gotten for buying an energy star refrigerator and we got the temporary shades. They cost $60 total for the whole house. Yes, we're that cheap. I don't know why we didn't do it sooner. We'll leave these up for a good long time to make that $60 worth it!

So now we have privacy but our house is even MORE beige and I miss the windows and the color and light they brought.

So here are some pictures of the house before we covered it up with cheap ugly temporary blinds.





And if you want to see even more of the beige-ness, here's an album full of house pictures.
Our house

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your house is beautiful! I hope I get to come visit sometime soon:)

Sameer Yadav said...

We hope so too!

Cat said...

whitney, for someone who says their house is all beige, you have a pretty damn stylish home, girl! I wish I lived there.

Although that might be awkward at times.

And you might wonder if I'd ever leave.

And I suppose my children might miss me eventually.

I guess I'm staying here.