Saturday, December 01, 2007

Taking advantage of the University

Last night we went to hear Handel's Messiah at Duke Chapel. Thanks to my parents who played recordings of this quite often during my childhood it is very near to my heart. It is also extremely long and after it was over I had to promise Sameer that in the future we will only go to performances of "selections" or "highlights" of the Messiah.

In spite of the uncomfortable pews it was a perfect way to begin the Advent season. I couldn't find my CD of it this morning but thanks to the world wide web I am listening to various performances of my favorite selections online.

"Worthy is the Lamb that was slain, and hath redeemed us to God by his blood, to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing. Blessing and honour, glory and power be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb, for ever and ever. Amen." Revelation 5:12,13

No comments: