Sunday, September 16, 2007

New Home

Well after quite a tiring summer we closed on our home and moved in the same day - August 31st. It has been a relief to settle down and we are loving our place. It is much bigger and nicer than our last 3 apartments and sometimes we have a hard time believing that we actually get to stay here. I guess it feels like we're house sitting or renting or something. It's just plain luxurious after having lived in grad student housing last year. We really really loved our New Haven apartment but while we thought it was very charming and cozy, it was a bit grimy and it lacked the modern conveniences of a garbage disposal, dishwasher, laundry room etc.

We just got internet access here the other day so I wanted to post some pictures of our place. These are pre-furniture pictures taken the week before we moved in. I took the outside pictures today - as you will see, our backyard grass is not coming in at all like it is in the front yard.





4 comments:

Megan @ SimplyThrifty said...

Yeah for moving in! Love the pictures! How long are you planning on staying there?

Unknown said...

What a lovely home! Whit, I can't wait to see it decorated in your cute and practical ways! Praise God for this provision for you both!
This is my first time to your sight - I didn't even realize you had a blog. I read through and just loved catching up on your lives! I pray God provides the perfect church for you to grow in together!
Love you guys!

Whitney said...

Thanks Megan! We are planning to stay here for about 4-5 years (That's how long it should take Sameer to finish his program). We thought we might as well settle in - 4 years is a long time for us!

Heather! I'm so glad you found us! What ever happened to your website? My link isn't working...

Cat said...

Hoo-ha!