Saturday, August 25, 2007

Out of touch

The house where we're currently staying doesn't have internet access so we're at "Coffee World" catching up on email and all things internet. The coffee at this place reminds me of my college days when I would make a pot of cheap coffee and just let it sit there and then microwave it and drink it a few days later even though it was disgusting - I just needed the caffeine and I didn't care how it tasted. Well, the coffee at this place is worse than that. It's like drinking acid with a little cream and sugar. The Starbucks across the street doesn't have wireless so here we are.

We visited our soon to be house yesterday and it is all finished and beautiful. We're still kind of holding our breath about the closing and I won't believe it's ours until we get the key. All this moving and job changing we've done over the past couple of years would make any lender a little skeptical.

Sameer had his orientation at Duke last week and he starts classes on Monday. We've met a bunch of great people here already - in fact, we're staying with a really kind student named Melanie right now. She has very graciously opened her home up to us while the Givens have other guests in town. We still haven't found a church yet and I think we'll take some time visiting different ones before we settle - there are so many choices. So far we've visited a really vibrant Presbyterian church that is closer to the downtown area and then we visited an Episcopal church in Chapel Hill. Chapel Hill is a little too far away for us but the worship service was absolutely breathtaking. I have to say that I just love visiting different churches - it is so moving to see more and more of the body of Christ and to worship together with them. We're looking forward to tomorrow...

2 comments:

Heather Pelczar said...

So, true to form, I forgot my log on to the first blog that I created. I created a whole new one that I remember the log on to. The first being no longer in use, and it also being the one that you have listed under friends and family, I thought I would just give you the URL to the new one. :) Here it is.
http://pelczar.blogspot.com/

Thanks for adding it. Call us anytime. I am not sure I will remember to call anyone for quite some time, but it does not mean that I won't enjoy a chat.

Hilary said...

Hey, Sammeer! It's your old pal Mike Beckwith. The only info I had on you was through the grape vine from the family in Idaho. Now that I've found you in the great blogosphere. I should be able to keep up to date without purple stained fingers and that oddly fermeted odor. So drop me a line, and check out our blog sometime. It chock full of informative goodness. Everything from cheesy vacation photos to turtles with gender issues.