Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Icy Valentine's Day

We're having some kind of strange storm here in Connecticut. It's 17 degrees on the ground but it's above freezing where the clouds are so rain is falling and then turning into ice and we have a mess of snow, sleet, freezing rain and hail all over the place. It's very noisy. The local weatherman Dr. Mel (pronounced "Docta Mel" in these parts) keeps excitedly saying, "It's just an old fashioned Connecticut Ice Storm!" I've been listening to the news for about 20 minutes and he's said this several times. So are ice storms just not popular anymore? Were they more in style 100 years ago? I don't get it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your weatherman is greatly mistaken. Although ice-storms are yes a thing of past, they are not as old fashioned as most people think. I believe the ice around my neck, as well as Vanilla Ice, Ice Cube, Ice T, and an assortment of former rapstars from the 90s proves that Ice Storms did not stop with the end of William Taft's presidency.

Tony Burton

Sameer Yadav said...

Tony, I think we could arrange for a public debate between you and Dr. Mel if you're interested.