Saturday, November 25, 2006

Thanksgiving



Since Sameer is finally "allowed" to drink caffeine (and beer!) we decided to get out our cappuccino machine to celebrate Thanksgiving. We are very thankful for cappuccinos! Sameer is very thankful that he is finished with his 9 months of antibiotics (and beverage restrictions).

On Thanksgiving we hung out with Lance and Cassie, friends of ours from school and church. We went out to dinner where we ordered the traditional Thanksgiving meal of stuffed shrimp (injected with tryptophan). We then came back to our apartment where we all played a game of "Mexican Train." Later, Sameer and Lance got to debate various theological issues while Whitney and Cassie struggled to stay awake.....

Application update:

So this is our living room last week while we got Sameer's recommendation forms ready to send to the recommenders. It's actually a bit of a catch 22, because one needs to have already achieved a doctoral education in order to navigate the complexity of the application procedures....



Yarrrgh - I need a beer.

7 comments:

jlelovesjesus said...

im glad you guys had a good thanksgiving! good luck with the apps

Sharad Yadav said...

Hang in there with the apps - my extensive experience says that you'll have nothing to worry about.

Wait - these ARE applications for assistant manager at Wendy's, right?

Sameer Yadav said...

No, I'm saving THOSE applications for later -- i.e., either when I don't get into a decent doctoral program or after I finish one!

Karianne said...

Mexican train is awesome!!!! Karianne and I play with my mom and Pat and all of their friends. Its pretty sweet, we think so at least. Maybe in like 29023845203458723648792635982376...yrs we can play when your done with school :) (I hope it doesn't take that long)

We are getting married in 20 days!!! Dec. 15!!

Blessings to you both!!

Anonymous said...

HEY!!!!! youcanfinallydrinkbeer.doesn'titfeelgreattobeabletodowhateveryoneelseisdoing?ohwait.isthatgood?
sorraboutthelackofspaces-thespacebarisbroken.really.
youguysshouldpostyourmailingaddresonehere-buttheallsortsofpeoplewouldknowwhereyoulive.maybeyoushouldn't.
canihaveit?

Sameer Yadav said...

Andrew,

10 days!!! I hope you're getting excited - marriage is the best thing ever, you're going to love it! I wish I could be there for the ceremony, but instead I'll be breaking my face on Kant's philosophy of religion. I'd much rather be in So. Cal. watching you entering into the holy covenant.

Heather,

wellwithoutaspacebartheonlywaytodistinguishbetweenlettersis
to
hit
enter
after
every
word
or.you.could.use.perods.or-dashes-would-work-too,but,commas,are,kind,of,annoying,because,you're,used,to,inserting,a,mental,pause,whenever,you,see,one,so,reading,this,has,got,to,be,jarring,and,very,annoying.

Fortunately, my spacebar works fine. Here's our address:

521 Prospect St. Apt. 4
New Haven, CT 06511

I hope you are well; hopefully we'll get the chance to see you when we come to Cali for Christmas break.

Sameer Yadav said...

Heather,

the stupid comment box cut off half of my sentences. Sorry. Trust me though, it was prety blasted funny.

- s