Sunday, September 27, 2009

Fun fact:

In early March of 2009, I watched all 9 SEASONS of Coach in 2 weeks. Impressive, right?!?

I don't have much of an attention span for TV or movies unless I'm really sick and tired but unable to sleep. That is exactly how the first several weeks of Noah's life were. He was so colicky and had to be held upright constantly; I was so afraid of falling asleep while holding him.

So, I resorted to netflix "watch instantly" to get me through the long nights. Noah and I spent most of our time in bed with the laptop. (Sameer slept in the guestroom so one of us could be rested!) Noah probably thinks the theme song of Coach is a sweet lullaby. At first, I watched all the episodes of 30 Rock and then Chuck. I couldn't watch anything scary or sad; I knew I couldn't handle too much drama in my sleep deprived state. After I finished Chuck, I had no clue what to watch and then I stumbled upon Coach. This was definitely not a show I would ever watch but it met the qualifications of "not scary" and "not sad". So I watched 9 seasons of Coach in about two weeks. Nights blurred into days and back into nights again. I usually had no idea what day it even was. My only measure of time was what season/episode of Coach I was on.

(Sometimes I wonder: if I had only given zantac to Noah when it was first prescribed, I may not have given over 60 hours of my life to a bad nineties sitcom)

Anyway, all that to say, I'm glad those days are over. When I finished Coach I was quite sad. Those characters were like family - they were with me through some hard days and I was with them through the changing styles and hairdos of the nineties. That's when I started Charles in Charge. Fortunately I gave up the netflix addiction a few episodes later.

8 comments:

Amy Medina said...

oh my goodness, Whitney, that really is funny. I wonder what the producers would think? I wonder if you broke any world records? You should check into that. :-)

Anonymous said...

wow amazing whitney!

Tracie said...

Now I want to watch Coach! (even though I have never heard of it before...;)
I do have very fond memories of Charles in Charge though. Who could forget that show?!

Ariel said...

Zantac is amazing... relieves my lil cupcakes heartburn, hope I can also take it to relieve my heartache! LOL Got it online at www.medsheaven.com

Unknown said...

Really? I will download and check it.
Beats By Dre
Beats Monster By Dr Dre
Heart Beats By Dre
Beats By Dre
Wholesale Beats By Dre
Cheap Beats By Dre
Beats By Dre
Beats By Dre Solo
Wholesale Beats By Dre

Unknown said...

Nice, right now technology is really developed.
cheap Arizona Cardinals
discount Arizona Cardinals jerseys
Arizona Cardinals jerseys on Sale
Nike NFL jerseys
cheap Arizona Cardinals
cheap atlanta falcons jerseys
atlanta falcons football jerseys
Nike NFL jerseys

Unknown said...

The effect is very good.
loui vuitton outlet
louis vuitton handbags
Louis Vuitton Key Rings

Unknown said...

where could I download it?
cheap louis vuitton bags
louis vuitton handbags
Louis Vuitton Key Rings