Tuesday, March 31, 2009

weight gain, oh my!



Last week at Noah's one month appointment he was 9 pounds 11 ounces and 23 inches long. (up from 7 lb. 12 oz. and 21.5 inches at birth)

I don't remember the percentile but he is really long for his age according to the doctor!

Today I took him to the doctor for something else and he weighed in at 10 pounds 9 ounces. So he gained almost another pound in 8 days! What in the world?!? I thought he felt heavy, but WOW.

If you do the math, that is A LOT more than the average half ounce to ounce per day, right?

He has obviously been going through another growth spurt (it seems like his whole life has been a growth spurt!) so he is feeding quite often but I think he has been a little less fussy. We're trying a variety of things to help him and I'm not sure which one is working so we'll just keep doing it all!

It also helps that he enjoys playing more so he actually has some awake time now that does not involve crying or eating. When he is on his play mat looking at his toys he makes the CUTEST noises and we have been trying for a couple of weeks to catch it on video but haven't been able to get a good clip. He'll "talk" the second after I turn the camera off....one of these days we'll post a cute video hopefully.

1 comment:

Hollie said...

Whitney, he really is the most adorable little boy! I just want to reach through my computer screen and pinch his soft, little cheeks!! :)