Sunday, December 21, 2008

backing up to October

Because this blog serves as my journal/scrapbook of our days, I hate that I never posted pictures of our time in CA back in October. So before Christmas comes or our baby is born, I must highlight some good times we had over 2 months ago. I know it's a little silly.

We got to spend a whole week in California leading up to Doug and Tracie's wedding. It was a wonderfully special and busy week....I got to go to a few fittings with Tracie, both for my dress and her dress. Each time we went (it seemed like every other day) I was a little bigger and she was a little smaller. So we kept one bridal store very busy!

We were blessed with not one but TWO baby showers. My mom threw a lovely ladies only shower for family and family friends. It was early for a baby shower (early in that I was only 22 weeks) but it was so special to me and my mom just has that certain touch - there were so many thoughtful details throughout the house.





Our friends Anna and Adam Bendorf also threw us a couples shower and that was so fun. It was so nice to see everyone and have them celebrate our baby-on-the-way with us. They had lovely desserts and then later gave us a scrapbook with pictures of the evening. I don't have digital pictures of that event but we do have a picture of all the stuff our little guy has been given from the two showers. I'd say his wardrobe is off to a great start!



Three days before Doug and Tracie's wedding, Sameer and I celebrated our FOURTH anniversary with a day in Pasadena. We ate at an old favorite - All India Cafe. Mmmm. Then we finished the night off with dessert at the Vines in Valencia. I don't think anyone in SCV ever eats there but since our wedding reception was at the Hyatt we've gone there for a special dessert a couple of times. The Florentine Art is my favorite - delicious! White chocolate mousse with fresh berries in a sugar almond shell. You can't go wrong.



Then of course there was the wedding and all it's festivities. Tracie was a good sport the night before when we took her out to eat and then back home for gifts and dessert. I'll refrain from posting pictures of what she got that night. :)



Finally, the wedding day. I couldn't believe how quickly it came. Everything was JUST BEAUTIFUL. Tracie was absolutely stunning and smiled radiantly all day long. She was also a cheerful & gracious bride to everyone throughout the day. Because it was an evening wedding we even had a nice relaxing morning sitting around eating breakfast with our cousin Erin.

The reception had Doug and Tracie's personalities written all over it - from the music to the candy buffet.





When the reception was finally over everyone was rushing around gathering things and Sameer and I were sitting around talking to people and trying to make sure we signed the guest book. Suddenly it was really quiet and empty and we realized that almost everyone had left. My parents, who were supposed to give us a ride home, had completely forgotten about us and had driven off already. Fortunately, Danny and Lindsay were still around so we did get home that night.:)

Soon we were on a plane back to NC. It's a strange feeling when something you look forward to for so long is over...it was especially hard to say goodbye knowing we wouldn't be back for Christmas. Hopefully they'll all be visiting us soon when the baby arrives!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whitney,
That was such a sweet post. I loved it all:) We had such a wonderful time with you guys out here, and CAN'T WAIT to come visit you in June! Have a wonderful Christmas...we will talk soon.
Love you both!