Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Twice in one week

There's this stupid mindless wasteful thing that I accidentally do occasionally...and this time I did it twice in a few short days. When I'm in the kitchen, I'm always cleaning up as I go and I often get ahead of myself. I love lemons and juice them often in my hand juicer for recipes or to make hot lemon water (a favorite now that it's colder and I'm afraid of most herbal teas since I'm pregnant). I have this horrible habit of juicing the lemon and then immediately cleaning the juicer (before I even get the lemon juice from it!) so I've wasted two lemons this week. I never even notice what I've done until I come to that point in the recipe where I need the lemon juice and I can't find it and then I realize the lemon juicer is rinsed clean and sitting in the dishwasher. How can I stop doing this?!? It's becoming a habit!

2 comments:

Kasey said...

i love your quirks whitney. that is so the opposite problem from what i have when i cook.

Anonymous said...

hahaha! you are so funny! sounds like something i would do too:)