Thursday, May 03, 2007

Romeo & Cesare's

Today after work I walked to Romeo's - the best little corner store in New Haven. They have the most delicious fresh produce, bread and imported Italian groceries. Romeo is always around to give advice or teach people how to pronounce Italian words correctly. Since the weather has been nice I love to walk there after work to buy our fruits and vegetables. I'll miss it a lot when we move - I love little family run establishments.

I heard this from a customer in front of me in line today:

"Hi, I came here yesterday and got some food but I didn't have any money. I don't know if anyone wrote it down or anything but here's the money for yesterday..... thanks a lot!"

One more reason to love Romeo's......you probably don't hear that when you're in line at Albertson's.

4 comments:

Julie Handel said...

so cool! local markets are the best...

Anonymous said...

This happens to us all the time with our subji wallas and the dhobi. We forget how many coins to have with us--or they don't have any change--and so we return the next day with the "right" amount. Of course, we're only talking about 45 rupees at most, which amounts to about a dollar. India rocks.
Happy belated birthday, Ryan.

Anonymous said...

WOw!!!Wouldn't it be nice if the government and corporate American did not control our main food supply and all groceries were like that? how awesome!! I have been thinking of your move...hope it goes well.

Naomi Smith said...

we have one of these too; aren't they nice? every time we go in they try to stuff my boy's pockets full of gummy candy.